Saturday 29 June 2013

Does Everyone love a parade?

Well it depends. I used to be the mom that sent my husband to the parade with our 3 boys while I enjoyed a quiet morning on the deck with a cup of coffee. Today, however, I decided that after a hiatus of at least a decade, I would indeed accompany my family to the parade. Maybe I see it differently than most people. It's usually too hot out. You often have to walk a long way from parking to the parade route. And if you don't bring your own chairs, you have to stand for lengthy periods of time while people promote their organizations and businesses.







Today was fine, though. The weather was warm but overcast and we were able to drive our truck through an empty field right beside the beginning of the route.














Of course being that it is the Canada Day week-end, we must have people dressed in red and sporting Canadian Flags. And what parade would be complete without a moose? 
And my favourite entry? It would have to be some type of car. There were plenty to choose from. There was the token Pontiac convertible transporting local dignitaries. The local auto body shoppe had several new cars on display. But the one blog worthy car was this race car probably because it isn't something that is normally seen on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment