Wednesday 5 June 2013

A Stampin' We Will Go

Late yesterday afternoon, a courier truck arrived with a package for me and it was…
a BigShot from Stampin' Up. I was ecstatic to say the least! My friend Heather playingwithpapercrafting, offered a monthly workshop called the BigShot Club where each of us pay a small fee, attend her class once a month and each month one of us receives a new BigShot machine. This month it was my turn. Essentially, the BigShot is an embossing / die cutting machine for use in all kinds of papercrafting including card making & scrapbooking. The first thing I did was pull out an embossing folder that I won as a door prize at Heather's Catalogue Launch on Saturday. Before I could even give it much thought, I had embossed my first card. Today, I decided to use it to to make a Father's Day Card for my dad.






The only thing that I was disappointed with was the fact the inside became mostly white. I thought I bought clear label paper with a white backing. As it turns out after I printed it, that it was white label paper. Oh well, I would have run the cardstock through the printer but I embossed it the SECOND I got the BigShot out of the box!

Anyway, I'm sure my dad will be happy with it. He often talks about spending his 24th Birthday in Paris so when I saw the Paris stamp, I knew I would somehow incorporate it. Also, the truck stamp looks very similar to two trucks from the 1940s that he owns and is wanting to restore.

This was one of those cards that I just went with what I had available. Hopefully, as my resources increase, I will be even more creative. It seems I still gravitate to the computer when I want some text (I didn't have a Happy Father's Day stamp) but I may never stop combining the stamping with the computer. Who knows! Now to get this in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment