Friday 30 August 2013

Antique Typewriter

So on the theme of writing, I thought I'd show you a typewriter my husband bought me a few years ago. After all, what is a writer without a typewriter? Well, if you ask anyone under 20, I'm sure they wouldn't be able to tell you what a typewriter is much less what it does. However, since it is still such an iconic symbol of true journalism, it seems appropriate that I have one. 

Besides, I'm a collector, right? A collector of what? Well, just about anything that catches my eye (including cars but that is a totally separate subject). 


This particular model is an Underwood from 1927 and I was really quite tickled to come home from vacation one summer and find it in my office. As with much of my collections, it does little more than collect dust. It is, however, eye candy in my opinion and possibly even inspiration at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment